OARS Boathouse Tour 2018
To help galvanize our river communities where they are — on the ground, and face-to-face — we are launching the 2018 OARS Boathouse Tour, creating a series of one-of-a-kind storytelling and community engagement events at several of our operation outposts throughout the American West.
Our aim: Open our doors, screen some films, have some fun, and find common ground through community and conversation around our public lands and waters.
Off the beaten path, in mostly rural communities, these are locally-focused and -driven events, with a program and experience unique to each location, including: Moab and Vernal, Utah, Coloma/Lotus, California, Lewiston, Idaho, and Flagstaff, Arizona.
This tour, supported by our friends at Chaco, YETI, and NRS, aims to recognize the significant role guides & outfitters play in local economies and conservation efforts and to remind us that America’s public lands belong to all of us and are a part of who we are.
River Stories at the OARS Boathouse
- Show. A one-night, mini film festival featuring some of our favorite short films.
- Food + drinks. A spin on the traditional American picnic from local providers.
- River games + fireside storytelling. River trips connect us in a way not many other activities can, so we’re bringing the river to the people and lining up classic games and storytelling around a campfire.
- Music. Some of our guides, friends, local partners are amazing musicians and we’ll give them a stage to kick things off.
- Giving back. 100% of proceeds will support and empower the next generation of local river lovers and outdoor enthusiasts.