The OARS 50th Anniversary Boathouse Tour is now over. Thanks to the generous support of our sponsors and the many guests who attended we raised over $20,000 for local not-for-profit guide and youth organizations.
In 2018, in partnership with Yeti, NRS and Chaco, OARS introduced a series of one-of-a-kind storytelling and community engagement events at several of our operational outposts throughout the American West, including: Moab and Vernal, UT, Lotus, CA, Lewiston, ID, and Flagstaff, AZ.
This year we went back to celebrate our 50th anniversary and to pay tribute to thousands of guides and employees, nearly a million guests, countless relationships within each of the communities where we operate, and decades-long partnerships with the National Park Service, U.S. Forest Service and the Bureau of Land Management among others.
Each evening included:
- Show: A mini film festival featuring some of our favorite short films and videos.
- Food + drinks: A spin on the traditional American BBQ from local providers.
- River games + fireside storytelling: River trips connect us, so we’re bringing the river to the people and lining up classic games and storytelling around a campfire.
- Music: Some of our guides, friends, local partners are amazing musicians and we’ll give them a stage to showcase their talent.
- Swag: What adventure evening would be complete without a few giveaways and prizes from our partners?
A Great Cause
100% of ticket sales went to support not-for-profit guide and youth organizations.